Monday, June 1, 2020

Happy Birthday To Me


People born specifically on the 1st of June are believed to be curious, kind and fairly patient with plenty of the typical Gemini high adaptability and generosity. The ruling astrological planet for this particular day is our Sun adding lots of warmth, spontaneity and thoughtfulness to your temperament. If you have this birthday your intuition and assertiveness are very sharp making you naturally competitive and giving you expressive communication skills. You possess a modern practical outlook and are usually easygoing, optimistic and rather witty. Individuals with a June the first birthday like to be knowledgeable and often have a wide range of interests alongside a strong desire to learn something new. You are highly creative and sociable but you also have a restless streak that makes you strongly independent and a little guarded emotionally. Understanding the actions and thoughts of others will ordinarily be easier for you than awareness of your own comportment.


"Men who are vocal about any kind of mental issues can be dismissed as weak. As inferior. As flawed, broken guys who are more likely to be ostracized for their honesty, instead of rewarded for their brav...ery. Instead of affording a fellow man compassion, we mock, belittle, and turn a blind eye. We freely spit the phrase, 'Man up,' as though your gender alone should suffice to guide you through your darkest times.Or worse: we nonchalantly respond, 'Well, that sucks,' then change the subject because talking about feelings is just too real."

My mental illness is a strength that I channel all my rage and bitterness through. It gives me the focus to commit to some kind of creative outlet that lets me vent my anger at all that I hate in this world. I don't MAN UP. I don't pretend I am not annoyed. I never get over anything. My tolerance for personal suffering in silence is obscenely low. My mental illness is my free pass to act like a maniac and actually be a pretty harmless old crank who understands the pain of the world and feels it so intensely that I can't be around others all the time. I am exhausting to anyone but myself. So own your mental illness and understand that. And anyone who belittles my pain will soon learn not to mistake my compassion for weakness. Because I am also a dangerous animal if pushed to far or disrespected by deliberate cruelty. You just never know when I am going to snap and go FULL Rhino.




                           

Berkowitz, David (1932)
Son of Sam killer.

Coffin, William Sloane (1924)         


The Yale chaplain who opposed the U.S. war in Vietnam

Freeman, Morgan (1937)            
The Oscar-winning co-star of Million Dollar Baby

Griffith, Andy (1926)         
Star of TV's The Andy Griffith Show and Matlock

Henin, Justine (1982)         
Winner of the French Open, 2005-07

Holland, Tom (1996)         
The star of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming

Klum, Heidi (1973)         
Host of TV's Project Runway

Monroe, Marilyn (1926)         
Hollywood's most famous blonde sex symbol

Morissette, Alanis (1974)         
The singer of the hit "You Oughta Know"
 
Mulder, Karen (1968)            
Former model for Guess? and Victoria's Secret

Schumer, Amy (1981)         
The raunchy comedy star of Trainwreck and Inside Amy Schumer


Snow, Tony (1955)            
White House press secretary, 2006-07

Wilson, Charlie (1933)            
The Texas Congressman who funded Afghan rebels in the 1980s

Young, Brigham (1801)            
Early Mormon leader









































6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy 55th Birthday, Cal! Nice retrospective of photos. And hey, who did that awesome Squadron Leader photo-edit for you? It rocks!

Caffeinated Joe said...

Happy Birthday Cal! Hope you are doing well. Enjoy your day!

Chase March said...

Happy Birthday Super-Kal!

I hope you have a great day!

Chase

Count Robot said...

Happy Birthday!

Tamarin said...

Happy birthday Cal!
Were you a troublemaker in school? That early school picture...that smirk makes me think you might have tested your teacher a wee bit...
Nice post!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh, I was a huge troublemaker in school. I just said things that I thought were funny. They were to my classmates but not to the adults in the room. Who Knew?