Saturday, March 9, 2024

Kung Fu Panda 4

By the time you get to the fourth film in the series plus you add a Saturday Morning cartoon you are just about done with story ideas and I didn't find anything fresh about this chapter. That in itself is not a bad thing, in fact it's a comfortable thing. I knew exactly what I was getting and enjoyed the film on that level. Not too  much to confuse or contemplate. The trailer tells you all you need to know.



I like that Po's two 'fathers' get to involve themselves in the adventure. They are clearly a gay couple and it was nice to see Disney or Dreamworks take a 'big deal' point of view like a panda and duck parents are the most normal thing in the world. And in fact they are. I laughed. I learned. Find some kids to watch this one with.



1 comment:

Tundra Bunny said...

Kung Fu Panda 1-3 are my favourite animation movies of all time, though Curse Of The Were-Rabbits takes the top prize for claymation, IMHO. I look forward to seeing Kung Fu Panda 4!