Friday, August 16, 2024

Alien - Romulus

The first date movie I ever took a girl to see was the original Alien. I don't know who held onto the other more tightly. The tension in that movie was like nothing we had ever seen before. I think that is the reason why most of the other sequels have been a failure. They all try to replicate lightning in a bottle by having a whole crew slaughtered so that one lone female can save the day in the end and save herself from the Xenomorphs. The film follows all those touchstones that we expect from an Alien movie and that is what made it kinda boring. I have seen it all before and that is the death of the film. I learned nothing new about what a ship full of Xenomorphs would be like. It's just more of 'been there, done that'. But I do hope some guy takes his girl to see this one having not seen the original or any of the sequels. HE and his date will have a great time like I did when the first Alien film came out.



No comments: