Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Spoke Too Soon - Wacko Jacko 2


"DES MOINES, Iowa - Michael Jackson is getting a new tribute. And it's in butter. Iowa State Fair organizers announced Tuesday that in addition to their annual butter cow statute, there would be one of the pop music icon. Jackson died Thursday at age 50. Both the butter sculptures will be on display in a 40-degree Fahrenheit cooler throughout the fair from Aug. 13 to 23 in Des Moines. Organizers say Jackson has been to the Iowa State Fair. He performed there twice with the Jackson Five in 1977."

Not ten minutes after I saw the story about the town in the Ukraine comes this tale of butter statue greatness. I couldn't imagine a better tribute to the King of Pop (self proclaimed)if I had a month to come up with an idea. Its a natural - when I think of Michael Jackson the first thing that comes to my mind is butter. Now I see he died for all our dairy sins just like Elvis did. The bandwagon is rolling past you bitches - best get on it before you miss your opportunity. In truth I am excited by all these stories. When and if the craziness dies down we will have to do some polling on which story is the most messed up tribute. I have a feeling we will have lots and lots to choose from.

1 comment:

Margaret Benbow said...

To my mind, Elvis dominates butter sculpture--his cooks said he ate their 12-egg omelets and Denver sandwiches until butter ran down his arms. With Jackson, I'd rather not speculate about what he ate.