Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School


Tomorrow is the first day of school and I find myself to be rather melancholy about the whole thing. There is something fresh and new and hopeful about the start of a new school year. This is the second year in a row that I find myself on the outside looking in. I made the choice to just sub for awhile and work myself towards a dream assignment but that doesn't make it any easier. What an adventure for the first timers and a sense of comfort and belonging for the older students. For me the real year begins in September. Everything from hobbies to school events start now. Its nicer to be apart of something as opposed to what I am doing now. I am sure the first couple days I get to sub that I will get these blues out of my system but for now...sigh.

5 comments:

Chase March said...

I hear ya Calvin. Teacher blues can be quite real.

School doesn't start till next week for the kids in my board but the teachers have been back all week. we have had so many changes in the school administration and policies that I am starting to get a bit stressed and overwhelmed. At least you don't have to deal with that.

You have a lot to offer as a supply teacher. I am sure you know that. And I hope that this helps you land your dream job.

Wishing you all the best this morning!

Wings1295 said...

Well, then I hope you get to sub real soon! :)

The Groovy Agent said...

Cal, I subbed for the last three years and landed my dream job last month. Believe me, it's worth the wait and effort. Hang in there, baby!

Michael May said...

I'm sure it's not exactly the same, but I remember how weird and sad I felt my first September after graduating college. I still had lots of friends returning to school and I was supposed to be starting life, but all I really wanted to do was keep hanging out with them on campus.

Nicole said...

How was your first day yesterday?

Word Verification: ouspa