Saturday, September 12, 2009

INFESTATION


Since I am usually giving advice to others on movies to watch or not watch I thought I owed it to myself and my bleak Saturday night to take a recommend from my buddy Wings and watch 'Infestation' staring Ray Wise who was great as the devil on 'Reaper'.

Why can we always expect that the put upon office drone will be the one who finds himself the unlikely hero who has to fight the 'INFESTATION'. This one begins better than most with the entire office cocooned and our drone only awakens to find himself having to fight some giant worker bug. Oh NICE use of the paper cutter. So now we have both worker bugs and flying bugs who seem to be taking off everyone in the town, carrying them away or cocooning them alive where they are found. I love these movies where the bugs are goofy, the script has funny moments and we get a nice mix of office workers that have to find a way to work together to fight the INFESTATION. Okay, Lesson #1 - don't' shoot the ones that are flying away with your buddy because the first thing they tend to do is DROP your buddy from a great height. Lesson #2 - If a guy in your group gets STUNG, cut him loose as soon as possible. You KNOW he will start to mutate when you least need him too. Lesson #3 - STOP GOING OUTSIDE YOU DUMB SHITS. Its a nice touch to have them not being able to drive to their destination least they are heard by the spider thingies. On their quest they find a half man/half spider creatures who I suspect get created when someone is bitten. Now since one of our little group have been bitten this will not end well before dawn. Okay. Inappropriate nudity is not what I like in my insect infestation movies. Mixed metaphors and all. Now of course that our favorite girl has been captured by the flying bugs the boys just can't find a hole to climb into. With the help of office drone Cooper's survivalist father (Ray Wise) we got us a rescue mission. I make no bones about my love for these kind of films. Wings was right. It was a good way to spend my lonely Saturday night and ended with the possibility for a sequel. Eh.

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Hey Cal, I am glad you liked it like I did. Fun flick. And a sequel would be okay, if it is done with the same sense of humor.

Kraken, I am afraid, was not as good. :(

Wandering Coyote said...

I still haven't recovered from watching "Arachnophbia" 15 years ago...