Thursday, September 17, 2009

Survivor Samoa

It finally the fall and the new TV season. Just makes me feel all warm and schwooshy all over (yeh, its a word bitches). Back to my scripted reality (as Lisa calls it) and watching people go off their nut while put under social pressure on some exotic island just like the gods always intended. How did early people do it because if I can be honest - the minute I figured out how to sharpen the point on a stick I would be shanking everyone that pissed me off that day or week in my little primitive tribe. Eh, maybe they were just more polite back then, less stressed and egocentric. THANK YOU for the pressures of the modern world. I only regret it will take a few episodes in for the real throat cutting and back stabbin to begin. Yeh, that's it Calvin. Take a nice cleansing breath and lets get to it. Please, if you are watching this show, can we talk? I NEED a partner to discuss this show with or I will go out of MY freakin mind. And no one wants to see that. Samoa looks amazing too.



Why does the first episode always make me think of what I would wear if I was on the show. That is ALL the clothing you have and why do some people not get that? High heeled shoes? Cocktail dress? No hat or jacket? This is SURVIVOR bitch, not Hillbilly Bingo (which is a TERRIFIC program but that is beside the point)

K, I don't mean this to be racist...but in all the years of Survivor I have never seen a black guy that could swim well. Is that a stereotype? They picked the Asian for being 'smart'. First impressions I guess. Nothing ever changes.



I do like Russel (the white guy with the fedora). He just 'speaks' to the evil supervillain in me. And he is a big 'huppin' Samoan like Big Daddy is. I like the way he calls the girls 'dumb' but goes for the instant alliances with them (his 'dumb ass girl alliance' - like women don't talk between themselves..oy vey). Its a suicidal strategy but stranger things have worked in this game. Brother can weave a mean story too. What kind of person burns a sock in the fire and empties all the water containers? I LOVE THAT. What is wrong with me?



I got me some mad love for Marissa. She is purty. And now she is gone. Did you SEE that belly shirt and jean combo she had going on? WTF Russel. She wasn't a threat till she got bone skinny and grubby and no longer attractive. Dumb Ass.

You have to also love the work that the design and build team put into this year. Everything from the challenges to the immunity idol are really well made and interesting to watch the contestants deal with. That comes from all those years of experience producing this show. I am kinda glad I have been along for the ride in this age because there will come a day when it is no longer on and we will miss it.

5 comments:

Drake said...

I'm already booing and hissing at Russell, looks like a fun season. :)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

The villians really DO make the show. If you are nice or slow you gots to go. HEY..thats gold!

Wandering Coyote said...

OK, we can talk about this for sure. I of course watched last night and immediately detested Russell; I hate him!

I ALWAYS think about what I'd wear, too, during the first episode, esp. when there are so many dandy underwear shots nowadays. What is up with that? I'm surprised they get away with it in the States, quite frankly. But, then, magically, they all get very stylish bathing suits! It's all part of the plan, I guess.

Last night's tribal was interesting. That team is in big trouble already.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I am loving that the tribe is already hating it. Its gonna be like Palau where they all got wittled down to one poor bastard spendig that one night by himself before they pathetically allow him to merge with the other tribe. And don't worry about Russel. Like I said, women talk and he will get his soon enough. I was with him all the way up to the sock burning. That was COLD baby.

Wandering Coyote said...

The emptying of the water canteens was VERY low, too.