Tuesday, November 17, 2009

100 Quotes

This time from THE WIRE one of the great shows of this decade. Over five seasons it was one of the best written, best acted, most tragic and hopeful series ever produced. You will never look at the inner city the same way again. Even when you break it down to individuals on both sides of the law, the problems infesting the inner city are insurmountable. Those with the power really have NO power to change the downward slide of society. Those WITHOUT power are forced to do anything just to survive. No one gets out or remains untouched by what is all around them. Maybe that is why so many just give up, or exploit the system for their own selfish ends. This is the series you need to see. Its as good as you have heard. (NSFW)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lemmy Caution said...

Indeed. It's actually better than you have heard. It is solidly the greatest television series ever made. I miss Omar.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Omar was the best. His death was so random, sudden and shocking that I literally fell off my chair from the impact. I watched it only after it went off the air - all seasons over a week which to me is the only way to see it. I feel like I lived in that world with the immersion.

Lemmy Caution said...

Exactly how I watched it as well. Like a really really really long movie.