Saturday, January 2, 2010

Clone Wars Cool


Holy Crap - the 2 part 'Clone Wars' episode (Grievous Intrigue) is fantastic entertainment. Say what you want about the 'Clone Wars' movie that preceded this series but it seemed we had to 'eat our vegetables before we got any dessert'. This stuff is like having cheesecake and ice cream and apple pie for dessert.

I love the stories in this series that focus on the lives of the clone troopers who, while being programed to only fight and to be cannon fodder, have started to ask questions about what it means to be an individual, not just one identical part of a larger machine. The creators have put humanity into a group of iconic 'Star Wars' characters that Papa Lucas never even concidered.

Very nice stuff that makes this series fantastic for adults as well as children. Great action, great visuals, great story. 'nuff said. If you have been avoiding this series because of the bad taste the 'Clone Wars' animated movie left in your mouth then you need to reconsider. Funnest thing I have seen all week.

2 comments:

Tim Knight said...

I never understood all the hate for The Clone Wars movie, I thought it rawked!

And I'm loving the TV series - when I can get to see it; we've only had season one screened over here, but my wife got me the box set on DVD for Xmas so I can enjoy it all over again while awaiting the second season to creep on to British TV.

Jay said...

My only beef with the movie was that the characters were a little stiff in the way they were rendered on screen, but that's since been corrected and man does that show ever rock now! The TV series is much more fluid both in terms of look and esp. in the writing, which I believe to be better than the first two prequels.

I missed these two latest episodes, but I have season 1 on DVD (thanks Santa!) and I'll be catching up quickly!