Monday, January 4, 2010

The Dangers of the Lake or the Sea or the Aquarium Tank


I thought this blog would be my ticket to the big time UNTIL I found a spam email in my inbox that actually offered me...now wait for it and maybe you all need to sit down first....that I can become an OFFICIAL product tester for the FISHING CLUB OF AMERICA!!! The sweetest part is they actually let me KEEP the fishing stuff after I test it? And I thought Christmas was on December 25th, Not January whatever today is. Do you think, If I apply myself that I could visit them in Minnetonka Mn? It's always been a dream of mine.

Okay, first of all I DO get the irony. Having a guy that fears most everything that lives in the water testing your fishing equipment is not the greatest business model. Is a spear gun fishing equipment? Is that little octopus bashing club fishing equipment?

I don't mind GOING fishing. I like being in the boat. I will even put the hook in the water, however, once something bites the hook it's out of my hands. Someone needs to grab the rod and bring the beast into the boat. Then THEY need to take it off the hook, club it mercilessly to death (well I might do that part) and then clean and bread it before I see it again. Don't want to do all that for me? I would rather throw the reel in the water than touch that thing at the end of the line.

8 comments:

DrGoat said...

Cal,
This is a comment on your observation you don't get many comments. I think there a alot of people like myself (or not) that love what you have to say etc., but just don't comment much. As for myself, I just turned 60, and have had the same feelings on religion, politics etc. that you have. (for the past 40 yrs or so).
We're out here, so don't feel ignored. I Don't share your feelings about cephalopods.... I save all my loathing for 2 legged, right-wing liars (ok, there are some nice ones, the ones that don't lie).....you know the ones I mean. This is way too long-winded, but we listen & admire. Keep up the good work.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That is great to hear. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it.

Wings1295 said...

Cal, maybe you should create one of the fish tanks on Facebook's Fish World game. You can slowly get used to the underwater dwellers in virtual form.

:)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

If I do that then what happens when I do go under the waves and it looks nothing like my online aquarium? There is always a bigger fish, you know? One I didn't anticipate that would eat me because I am quite the delicacy I have been told.

Beside, they always tell you to add clown fish and I hate clowns be they in the ocean or dying from multiple diseases in some grubby circus in Eastern Europe.

TS Hendrik said...

You know they make fishing gloves for people who are perturbed by thought of touching one.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Stop making sense TS. You are spoiling the whole thing for me. Next you will tell me they make waterproff snuggies so I can hug an octopus without getting sucker hickies. And THAT is how they getcha.

TS Hendrik said...

My bad...

There is no protection against the wet menace. It's kill or be killed! The best defense is a good offence. Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead. Remember, only forest fires prevent bears. Insert inspirational slogan here:__________

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That is better. I appreciate your attitude kid. You are the future of this movement. Yes We Can? Hell Ya. For our children's future we need to act today. Only YOU can prevent ink stains.