Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes Suck


Thank you Golden Globes for making yourself totally irrelevant for naming 'Avatar' as the best picture of the year. Are you freakin' kidding me? Give it the box office award because we all love to follow the pretty butterflies but give the real important awards to the picture that best shows effort in ALL areas ESPECIALLY story. I have that bad twisting feeling in my gut that this same kind of stupidity will flow over to the 'Oscars' but I have a twinge of hope that they gave James Cameron this worst looking of all the awards just to shut him up - if that is even possible. Is it me or does this award look like the same kind of bowling trophies I got in my teens?


Thankfully I could look at the magnificent Christina Hendricks in that dress again when 'Mad Men' won and that kept me from going out and lighting some fires out of outrage. Anna Kendrick was also delicious and I have decided that she should only go around naked or wear these ball gowns 24/7.

6 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Didn't watch, so no clue on this. Pretty ladies, though.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Hendricks and Kendrick, mmmmmmmmm.

Brian Busby said...

Christina Hendricks is, indeed, magnificent... and her appearance last night was, as always, a feast for the eyes.

That Amy Verner criticized her so in today's Globe & Mail adds further instability to my shaken respect for the paper.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

More fuel to my theory that women hate women - especially women that men find attractive and are not them.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That cow even critisized Anna Kendrick also. Sounds like someone visited the Cave of Cool before writing her style review. Amiright? Petty, jealous, old.

TS Hendrik said...

I almost watched this year for Gervais, but couldn't bring myself to do it. The golden globes are just pointless. Plus you had to know they'd be kissing Cameron's @$$.