Saturday, January 23, 2010

I SO Wanted One Of These As A Kid


My dad looked at the picture and created me this huge robot costume for Halloween. It was easy to take four or five steps in the basement but it was really tough to transport to the CYC hall and seal me up inside it. I ended up just having to stand there and move one arm and push buttons that got pretty boring even after they lit up.

I did have a booming voice by using a plastic tube long before Darth Vadar made that his hook. My buddies kept pushing me down and the costume was so well made that I could get back up without ripping the connecting joints apart (damn military grade duct tape). If they had put enough postage on me I am sure the post office would have accepted the parcel.

The girl I had a crush on went out with another guy because I couldn't dance. But I "WAS DANCING" I yelled out to her from my cardboard prison but the concept of a conjugal visit was lost on her. The next day I promised to be a pirate next year so I could move like the ninja gazelle that I was and still am. Never again would I get trapped in a cool box that lit up - well never again when there were girls around.

2 comments:

vancouver mark said...

and when will we see a photo of you in this fantastical costume??

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That was so long ago but there may be a slide or two with them on it...yes...SLIDES...Dad was so cutting edge with his technology. We still have a reel to reel tape deck - eight hours of Conway Twitty...YIKES