Saturday, January 9, 2010

Now Just Stop Right There


I will give you ONE chance to rethink your slanderous comment about television. TV is good and pure and its not TV's fault that you can't find something great to watch on it. Maybe a little soul searching and looking 'within' yourself will give you some perspective about where things first went wrong for you. If you are honest then you will see that everything bad that has ever happened to you came from YOU. Stop scapegoating TV you hater. Yeh, I said it. I don't blame the person who posted this image. I am sure he had the best of intentions and fully understood the irony of the caption. It's the stinkin' 'creator' of the jpeg that needs some therapy.

Check out the comments to see what Ricky Shambles has to say about this image. He is totally right. TV is just a tool. It's how we use that tool that makes all the difference.

http://samuraifrog.tumblr.com/

2 comments:

Ricky Shambles said...

Totally agree. Teevee makes it easier for people to be stupid, but people are and always have been stupid.

I guess it's the new survival of the fittest, stupid. The internet and television have their purposes. For me (and I'd venture for yourself), both provide entertainment and zoning and deep thought at times. For others, the same tool is a brain hole.

It's not Teevee or the Internets that are to blame. A nail gun can help build a mansion. Or nail your tongue to a tree. It's really how you use it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Great points. I just went off on one of my rants, trying to be funny but you made me realize with your comments that there really is a message here. Thanks for the contribution.