Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Celine

Okay. I know I have always given her a hard time in public and to others in private. It's one of million of secret shames that I love Celine Dion. Since she first came on the scene, through marrying that old guy (good on ya mate) and having her kid with the now waist length hair, I have followed her career.

The anthem 'My Heart Will Go On' is THE most romantic song ever and when she hits that high crescendo I catch my breath everytime.

Sure she is a shameless self promoter and perfect in all she does but she works hard at that. And you bitches know that I ALWAYS give props for the EFFORT when I see it and this Diva is a true legend in that and many other respects.

I watched her entire Oprah interview today and, just so you know, I am not one to ever watch the QUEEN OF ALL MEDIA unless she has someone interesting on. People forget what a good JOURNALIST that Oprah is. (Oh Sweet Jeebus I have totally DESTROYED my street geek cred here) and they were showing clips from the new documentary about Celine's life.

If a mother ever loved a kid more I never saw it. There are countless scenes of her worshipping this child like her was the return of the messiah. Don't you dare say you wish your mother hadn't seen in you what Celine sees in her little moppet.

I swear that kid will get such a slap if, when he grows up, he bitches about how his mother treated him. You can't fake things like the real emotion she has over a stupid lamb puppet that gets lost and the joy of it's return to her son.

So, next to totally mess me up, Oprah bring on these guys called the Canadian Tenors who sing the Leonard Coeh (also a Canadian) song 'Hallelujah'. Watch what happens to complete the 'Canadian Trifecta' right before the entire planet focuses themselves on our nation at the start of the Winter Olympics.

I wept.

2 comments:

Michael May said...

An EXTREMELY little known fact: I love her version of "The Power of Love." Gets me every time.

So does TITANIC. Stupid, heart-wrenching TITANIC.

Robin said...

omg the Canadian Tenors do this song proud...I cannot get enough of listening to it (much to the dismay of everyone else in the house)