Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hot Stuff

There are two reasons I post this cartoon. The first is because it is hysterically funny while promoting fire safety. I must have been shown this cartoon 100 times as a kid. The firemen would drive up at night with all their lights to attract us base brats and to give us candy while showing us this movie on a sheet put over the fire truck. Very cool.

I always found the relationship between Eve and the Snake to be particularly funny. She listened to him, gave the apple to Adam and got kicked out of Eden. Now she needs fire and can only "Wash the rocks".

You can see how she would have 'trust issues' with the Snake. I love her immigrant voice - "You not going to listen to HEEM again?" When the snake tells her to "Go back to your APPLE turnovers", I laugh my ass off each time.

The old man at the end just puts it all over the top.."Where's the butter? DEAR!" and "I'M MISSING MY PROGRAM!" are classics and the cat waiting for his "hot mouse, a mouse flambeau" showed that ever are cats are bilingual.

The second reason I post this is to give a big FUCK YOU to You Tube for its black 'violation of terms of use' screen. You Tube can bite me.

Okay, reason 3 - I want Samurai Frog to highlight this cartoon on his best of animation blog. I just like seeing my name in print.

Enjoy


Watch Hot Stuff (NFBC, 1971) in Educational  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you crazy canadians!

SamuraiFrog said...

Dude, this video will just not load for me. Veoh has never liked my computer...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I think you can find it on google videos.

SamuraiFrog said...

Thanks for the suggestion about Google Videos. I looked it up and found it right away on the first place I should have looked, the NFB website. Great cartoon! I'm posting it today.