Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lisa Edelstein


Did anyone watch last night's episode of 'House' and NOT wish that, 'Dr. Cutty - Dean of Medicine', with the fantastic and magically delicious Lisa Edelstein was a spin off show of 'House' and came on right after it each week. We could watch him then see the same hospital events from her side. She is so naturally good at portraying hyper-competent exasperation with an environment that she can't control but can manage better than anyone on the planet, that her Emmy delivery should be monthly - like some bizarre 'award of the month club'.

It is terrific the way her an 'House' interact and for ONCE she uses his evil genius for getting what HE wants to get what she wanted. Not that she ever approves of his tactics you understand but he is her 'nuclear option' if all else fails. That is just being awesome at your job and not letting silly things like rules, procedures or precedent get in the way of doing what needs to be done. Brilliant.

I will be honest with you. In all my TV watching days this is the ONE show that I hate to love. No, understand me. I REALLY hate it. It follows the same beats every damn time (kinda like NCIS is getting and the Mentalist and Law and Order, and most everything else in this world that is fearful of change).

House is an insufferable prig who in the real world would have been killed by a conspiracy of those closest to him. But I love it. I can't believe the shit he gets away with every week. We all have that little 'House' inside all of us. The person that wants to say that ONE extra thing, push a person just past what you know to be their limit, just to see what will happen...just to fuck with them for any real or perceived slight they (or anyone else) has ever committed against you.

I wallow in my sometimes hate for the human race every Monday because nothing else (besides maybe 'Little People Big World') even comes close to extending the middle finger to all of us.

3 comments:

meheart said...

Doctors can be total children sometimes. House reminds me that my, (insert name of latest doctor), doctor could be worse. Last nights show was great it was a nice change of pace.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

She's one hot Jewess.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Shalom my brother. Shalom.