Tuesday, February 9, 2010

NEW HEADER!!!!


One of the greatest things about doing a blog is interacting with the people who visit and comment. Three times now Jeremy Ha of the OliveMonkey has used his talents for design to create for me two headers and a content award.

You already know how I eat those awards like candy so that first monthly content award was great to get. In fact everyone should go to the OliveMonkey and vote for the site you think deserves to be recognized for their dedication to entertainment and content. Personally if I win every month for the next ten years I would be happy with that. All that means to me is that you bitches just got to step up your game or accept defeat and throw me a few more votes.

This new header though is spectacular. We talked a bit about what I wanted and Jeremy was great about incorporating some elements I liked but in the end he came up with something uniquely his. I am amazed that what I do could inspire this fantastic image. He has definitely added to the mythology of the Cave of Cool. I enjoy creating the complicated back story as I go and this header is now part of the history.

I love the 'ghost' effect and the low tech equipment. I all ties into my theme of 'there must always be a Cave of Cool'. Of course with declassification, we finally are allowed to show all of you what some of the earlier versions of the Cave of Cool looked like. This one is our 'Cold War Cave of Cool' where you can see the residue of our actions, some of our tech and especially our early time travel experiments.

I want to point out some special parts -

-That glowing monkey is Rutherford, the best damn radioactive monkey agent we ever had. I personally will not work with another simian after we lost him. The hurt was nearly too much for me to stand.

-Dr Evil is a time machine stealing bastard - 'nuff said

-I once preferred the more tropical climates. No denying that those tiny skull shaped islands are wicked cool just to hang around in. But eventually you have to accept that as a fair skinned Canadian boy, I don't need all that sun and I am genetically predisposed to be in a colder environment.

-Vinyl was were it was at baby. Those skips just taught you to look after your records.

Thanks again Jeremy. You inspire me to learn the skills I currently don't have so I can get to creating some classic Cave of Cool Images.

12 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

That is killer sweet!

Unknown said...

as i said a few posts above (before i saw this one). i like, i like!

Wings1295 said...

Wow...

Wings1295 said...

I just had to go back and look again. So much to see there! Wonderful new header, Cal. Awesome!

Drake said...

Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

so very very nice.

Couldn't you just go back and clone Rutherford?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Would that I could Anon...but how can I clone my own heart?

Anonymous said...

great collage of images... crazy i keep looking at it for more stuff...
-mort

Jeremy H. said...

glad you like it... your mind never closes... glad i could help!
jeremy

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

that is my new favorite way to describe myself...my mind never closes...grilled cheese 24/7

Jeremy H. said...

n-er-gize bunny! you are my friend!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Right back atcha buddy.