Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why I LOVE America


In all our years as a frozen nation we have NEVER thought to make up such cool words as SNOWMAGEDDON and SNOWPOCALYPSE to describe a massive dump of snow. Granted, you are getting shit kicked by a 'once in a century' storm series so you are motivated in your isolation and MOTIVATION is the first sign of CABIN FEVER.

I have not teased or quipped about this at all but know that to amuse myself I picture everyone of you tying spoons to your feet like Tweety did when he needed to go out for birdseed.

Stay strong my U.S brothers and sisters. Spring WILL arrive. Keep that sense of humor, it's critical. And go out and play in the snow. You have no idea how much it will enrich your soul. If you miss out on THAT then you will really regret it when the inevitable summer heat wave arrives.

3 comments:

Fnord said...

Ha ha ha! Those two words are awesome! I've started using them and I only live in Chicago where it's not that bad with the snow!

TS Hendrik said...

Never let be said you weren't compassionate.

LegalMist said...

And for those of you contemplating a move to my sunny Southwest paradi.... er, hellhole, yeah, that's it ... of Tempe, Arizona, may I remind you that our summer heat waves often involve temperatures exceeding 115 degrees Fahrenheit?

So, visit us. Stay a while. But don't move here. The snow will melt soon enough... the heat goes on for months and months...

(And, uh ... no, no, of course not... I'm not just trying to protect my little paradise from the evils of overpopulation!)