Friday, April 2, 2010

In My Own Backyard


Vegreville, Canada is the site of the largest Easter egg in the world. The Easter egg or Ukrainian 'Pysanka,' was constructed in 1975 to commemorate early Ukrainian settlements in an area east of Edmonton.

EggFacts

· Egg Width: 25.7 feet
· Egg Height: 18.3 feet
· Total Height: 31.6 feet
· Material: Alumuinum skin
· Turns like a weathervane
· Weight: 5,000 pounds
· Star Patterns: 524
· Triangular Pieces: 2,206
· Visible Facets: 3,512
· Nuts and Bolts: 6,978
· Internal Struts: 177
· Man Hours: 12,000



http://www.tabloidcolumn.com/easter-egg.html

4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

That is one hell of an egg!!!

Leviathud said...

I've never understood the appeal of things such as that. World's biggest easter egg, biggest ball of twine, largest fork.

I just dont get it.

Nathan said...

I think something should only qualify as "world's biggest so-and-so" when they fulfill the same function as the smaller ones. For instance, no, a statue of a goose can't count as the "world's biggest goose." But I guess the Easter Egg can count, since they're just supposed to be decorative anyway.

Anonymous said...

How did I not know about this? :)