Saturday, April 17, 2010

Thieving Bastards

"while trying to get video of a wild octopus, it suddenly dashed towards me and rips my shiny new camera from out of my hands, then swims off, all while the camera is recording! he swam away very quickly like a naughty shoplifter. after a 5 minute chase, I placed my spear gun underneath him and he quickly and curiously grabbed hold of the gun as well, giving me enough time to reach in and grab the camera from out of his mouth. I didn’t feel threatened at all during the whole ordeal. he seemed to be fixated on the shiny metallic blue digital camera. the only confusing behavior was how he dashed off with it like a thief haha. cheeky octopus."

- Quote taken from camera thief victim. The Cave of Cool does not endorse or use the word 'cheeky' when discussing the scum that is the octopus. They gossip, steal and plot our elimination. When are you people going to get that. They are not fun or sweet or cool.

6 comments:

Powdered Toast Man said...

I was amazed by the clarity of the camera underwater. That octopus is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so lemme get this straight:

You like octopi but not squid?


PS - You have me terrified of the ocean now. I started googling "squid" last night and ended up seeing pictures/videos that I had to look away from, lest I permanently lose the ability to sleep. :-o

Anonymous said...

Ack...always forget to subscribe.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

NO NO NO Streel. I had all boneless, tentacled cephalopods. How did I make that unclear. I must do a quick edit.

Okay, I see the problem here. I was quoting the guy who lost his camera. That wasn't me. I usually use italic when I use someone's else's words.

They are scary creatures. 7/10th of the world is water but I don't get my personal space when I go into it? Anything that brushes my leg and I FREAK OUT!

Anonymous said...

I realized you were quoting, but wondered if it was because you agreed. Your pardon, please. :)

The leggy bastards are just as creepy to me as the squid. *shudder*

I can't swim, so I don't go very far out when I dip in the ocean. I always freak when something brushes my leg or foot too. Eek!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know, right, PERSONAL SPACE. If you are going to eat me then take the whole thing at once and not just nipple away a calf or something. Just bad manners.