Sunday, January 2, 2011

Andy Rooney Of '60 Minutes' Was Right??


"Sleeping is also a way I prefer to entertain myself."

Tonight he gave one of the best statements I have heard him utter in my life. He was talking about how he hated going to New Year's Eve parties. They just didn't 'entertain' him.

I find NYE to be the most overrated night of the year when everyone tries to cram a year's worth of all the fun they missed (over the past 12 months) into several hours and fail miserably. Another part of my old age that I am totally willing to surrender to my youth.

I can't believe it. I am turning into Andy Rooney. It's all ear and nose hair for me from now on.

2 comments:

Belle said...

Are you turning into an old grump? I have never liked New Years Eve. Usually because the previous year was total shit and I didn't expect anything better in the new year.

Kal said...

Now this is the kind of bitterness I can WORK with.