Friday, January 7, 2011

My Tumblr Got Bashed!


I just got this message on Tumblr:

hey people exposed/talking crap on you this site, here's the link http://tiny.cc/caveofcool just thought id tell you

When I went to check this out I wasn't allowed access to the biting critique but I suspect from the comments that they got me pretty good. I can't be bothered to read their review.

I actually feel honored that I pissed off someone this much. I must be doing something right. 514 people follow my tumblr and that is enough to convince me that I need to change NOTHING. My reblogs are quality and my archive is brilliant.

Check it out and tell me yourself how truly 'pathetic' I am.

Welcome to joint exposure, we exposure a special dumbass, and do they get it good. Make sure to check everyone on this one. It's one of the best exposures, next to Jessicas from last month, lol.caveofcool gets exposed bad, and we here at jointwire love it. Click on the side and have fun laughing at this pathetic person, One of my favorites yet. Sorry caveofcool!!

Tumblr responses:

Its not a real site dear its a bot - btw I adore your blog - - http://crimsonviper.tumblr.com/

Just wanted to let you know I think your tumblr is great. Screw the haters. - http://lifeofamadman.tumblr.com/

Okay, it's a bot. Kinda brilliant to play on our insecurities as creative people. You add any tumblr addy to the address and you get the same page and comment. It's a let down now. Nobody hates me. Well I am just going to keep plugging away and be patient. The hate will come eventually.

5 comments:

Tempo said...

Oh, I'm not going to follow their crap just to see what they think...especially since I really dont care what these wankers think. So some sad loser needs a site to bag to get his 15 seconds of fame? F**k him!
We love your blog and thats why we follow, thats why we come back..more power to you!

Sam G said...

Weird. But it's like who was it? Winston Churchill? Who said (paraphrasing) that having enemies means you're doing something right.

Kal said...

At first I thought this was legit but it turned out to be a bot. Many people on tumblr got sucked in. You had to do a survey to log onto this site but it was all a trap to get you to do some download. I figured that out. Kinda genius to play on our fears and insecurites about critisism. I learned a valuable lesson tonight, one that the stupid site never expected, that I don't give a shit lately about what others think. I know I am great and I give quality blog and tumblr.

Simon B said...

Cal, ignore those idiots and keep on doin' what you're doin'! We love you, man!!

Kal said...

I promise you I did not invent this just to suck some validation from y'all. I am happy that is an inintended side effect.