Monday, January 3, 2011

New Pics From The Three Musketeers





Dez over at Hollywood Spy posted these pictures of the upcoming 'Three Musketteers' movie. I have a few things to say about why I want to see this movie so badly.

1. If I could time travel I would spend time as a Musketeer in 17th Century France. I love the look and especially the swordplay. If a person was threatened by another with a sword he actually needed some skill with his own weapon to preserve his life. He couldn't just shoot back from a distance with his gun. Using a gun is how pussies settle their disagreements.

2. Milla Jovovich as the evil Lady DeWinter? Milla purring her way through her various villainous seductions in the service of Cardinal Richelieu? Delicious.

3. The fancy boy costumes are terrific. In those days the more ruffles and flourishes you wore equated to how much of a man you were. Tell me why those boots can't come back as a style for men. Then there are capes. Lots and lots of capes. Don't get me started on the hats.

4. I love any movie version of this tale. Even the stupid version they made with Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland. But if you tell me it's better than the Michael York/Oliver Reed version you will become officially dead to me.

5. Did I mention the swordplay?

5 comments:

joe ackerman said...

nothing beats the Oliver Reed Musketeers! nothing, I say!

now, I likes me some Milla Jovovich as much as the next guy, but, really, remember Lana Turner as the Lady DeWinter? there's a woman I'd topple a throne for!

DEZMOND said...

I'm sure you would look interesting in frills, lace and feathers, Kal :PPPP

Kal said...

Dez - I would look MAGNIFICENT. I would play the shit out of that Porthos role. Underestimate me as vain and slow but find how wrong you were at the end of my blade. I love the look on their faces when they realize that.

Joe - Lana...if only they had invented the sweater back in 17th century France.

Pat Tillett said...

This movie is right at the top of my must see list! Thanks!

Mitchell Craig said...

For my part, I wonder why Warner
Brothers never made Three Musketeers with Errol Flynn as D'artangan back in the day.