Sunday, January 9, 2011

TRAPPED


The snow was blowing wildly last night so all the freshly fallen snow had turned into hardened drifts today. This is what was awaiting me beyond the back door this morning.

Any ordinary person would be hording canned goods right now and wondering how far away they were to eating their own arm for sustenance but not me. I plan to put those big spoons on my feat (like Tweety Bird did in that one cartoon about a blizzard) and go to the store for some sugar-free hot chocolate.

4 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I just had to CHISEL my stairs & front walk of all the ice & snow that fell onto them in the past few days - both from the sky and from the roof where, of course, all the snow that accumulates there falls. Then it all froze, hence the chiseling. I am so going to Cuba next winter if it kills me.

Kal said...

I hear ya. First moment off the plane it's to the duty free shop at the airport for a box of cigars and then to a stretch of beach to just sit on and watch the waves crash on the shore. You want company? LOL

Wandering Coyote said...

Sure. I bet we could get a nice little Canadian contingent down there with us, too. I'll skip the cigars, though!

Kal said...

Good thing you are skipping the cigars. I wasn't planning on sharing with anyone anyways.