Sunday, January 2, 2011

What People Are Saying About The Cave Of Cool - 2


"Finally, I want to shout out some of the cool people I have met this past year. Cal, you are the fucking man. Your website is amazing, and you are directly responsible for motivating me to expand CCD and work so hard at it. I feel a kinship with you, brother... it is probably the fact that we were both teachers. Either way, thanks for being so nice when I emailed you and providing me with a friend way on the other side of the world (OK, it's just Canada... but still!). Keep them cat pics coming son!"

Mike D runs his own pretty terrific website over at Cultural Compulsive Disorder Great title from a blog I knew I would like the moment I first found it. He is one of my New York associates.

He is another one of those few 'brothers from another mother' that I have been fortunate to discover over the lifetime of my blog. It's nice to be able to use the geek speak shorthand and he gets each reference I make immediately.

I want nothing more than to sit down with this man for some good conversation and a 'pizza on a stick' before visiting the pop tart store. Hopefully this summer I shall.

Check out his yearly review and share my jealousy over being granted press action to a major comic book convention. Now THAT'S being 'the man'. (Mike is on the right in this photo)

No comments: