Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Love This Apartment Design



I am someone who likes open spaces. I hate walls and blocked off spaces. My dream was to always remodel an old bran and make something with one massive main room with high roofs. One one end you would have the kitchen and second floor bedrooms with a large wrap around balcony accessible from the upper floor master building.

What I found today comes close - this is an old movie house tranformed into a living space. I would have left the big screen on one wall (which projection booth opposite) and definately the popcorn machine.

"You are looking at a fascinating studio apartment that used to house the Plaza-Astoria Cinema initially opened in 1931. We don't know if this is the consequence of Astoria Cinemas being hit by the financial crisis, but we do know this one bedroom apartment located in downtown Stockholm (district of Vasastan) is currently up for sale for 3 216 400 USD. The total surface of the loft is 423 sqm with terrace of 39 sqm and an orangery of 22 sqm near the Vasa Park. Aside from its impressive size, the former cultural crib also features a large walk-in-closet, a luxury bathroom with adjoining sauna, a Japanese recreational area, a fire ring, a 5 meter high palm-tree (total ceiling height 7.8 meters!) and many more"



9 comments:

Budd said...

it makes me think of Dollhouse.

Doo said...

Seems like a place where you could relax 24/7 =]]]

DrGoat said...

I've seen a couple of churches that were renovated to be homes and they were very cool. I'd have to leave the altar. Would make a great kitchen space.

M. D. Jackson said...

That looks like a hero's headquarters. If The Avenger or The Spider were modernized, this is what their digs would look like.

Of course it would have to be located in the penthouse of some ridiculously tall building.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I wouldn't turn that place down.

PS I have 2-1/2 wks left in the San Fran bay. Come visit. Else, I'll be back to remember what the ocean looks like.

xoRobyn

Ricky Shambles said...

Looks like a place of joy. I know a guy who lives in an old church, though I have not been there. I prefer dungeon-esque, but know I need the light palace to do anything important in life.

Nice find.

Sarah said...

I always wanted to make a big old grain silo into a house.

We should buy a farm together and you remake the barn & I'll do the silo. We could make it the architechtural attraction of Canada!

Kal said...

Don't tease me Sarah because I would do just that with you. Wild berries in the summer and a roaring fire in the winter. All open design with huge beams and a wrap around balcony coming off the master bedroom. That's my dream. A mountain view wouldn't hurt either. A few horsies and chickens and big ol' barn cats and a baby pug and kitten who would go on an adventure like 'Milo and Otis'.

Nick Ward said...

I want me a conversation pit.