Thursday, February 3, 2011

It Had To Be Said


I was annoyed today when I read my local newspaper and found that they had several pages of coverage of Cyclone Yasi, the category FIVE (they don't get more dangerous) storm that hit the North East coast of Queensland Australia. As you know this is where my sister and her family live so my mother and I were pretty interested in what was happening. However, after hours of watching the stupid WEATHER NETWORK we saw NOTHING about such a major meteorological event. They do cover the weather don't they? So I had to fire off this fast email to them. What can they do to me if they are offended? Tell me it's going to snow?

I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with your coverage of a huge weather event like Cyclone Yasi. Sure I have a reason to be interested because my sister lives in Cairns, Australia, where the cyclone hit big. I had to get all my information about this storm from the Internet. You were USELESS to me. I know you focus mainly on Canada and the US but you think at least once an hour you can let me know what other major weather events are happening across the world. This one was huge and you MISSED IT. What good are you anyways? My local paper in RED DEER had more coverage of the storm in one day than you did all week. Bad bad bad Weather Network. I am embarrassed for you.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Goodness you can't even SEE Australia under there! Hope your fam's doing ok.

Ah, the scathing and angry email. One of my favorite wicked pleasures to indulge in.

Belle said...

I am so glad no one died in that storm. The weather channel is only good to find out what they will be wrong about in your local weather.

I loved sending an email to Arizona Tourism last week, telling them we wouldn't be visiting again this summer because of their Governor's stand against Obama's medical plan. I really wanted to see Tombstone too. Sigh.

Kal said...

And I didn't send it Anonymously either. Putting your name on it is so much more fun.

That is GENIUS Belle. I never thought to write a State and tell them that they suck is just a great way to spend time in my day.

Pat Tillett said...

that is just plain old scary looking!

Tempo said...

Only one dead..a 23yr old who lost power so he ran a generator in the house and poisoned himself... (what can you say!) I hope your family is ok Cal and didnt lose too much of their stuff