Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cool Master Woodcutter




Kronid Gogolev is a genius Russian woodcarver. His works have been displayed in his native Sortovala town since 1988. Nowadays they can be found not only in the collections of Moscow and St. Petersburg museums but also in some private collections of the USA, Japan, Germany, Finland and Sweden.

I love this kind of art especially since the artist has to work in negative space to achieve these amazing results. There is all kinds of effort around these creations. Check out the link for more examples.

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2011/02/02/amazing-woodcarving-master/

4 comments:

Pearl said...

Holy shit that's awesome!

Wonder what one of those goes for...

Pearl

Pat Tillett said...

Another talent I don't have...

Kal said...

I admire these talents so much that I have to highlight them. But you are right, it's frustrating to not have any VISUAL talents to show off. I can do collages but that is just cut and paste work.

Belle said...

I wish I had the patience to do something like that. Well, I probably couldn't do it, but I know I don't have the patience to even try.