Thursday, February 3, 2011

If I Didn't Know You All Would Mock Me


I would wear these iron age viking shoes every day. They are what all the hip kids will be wearing next season. People say that the kids want LESS complicated shoes but I have to respectfully disagree. I want a shoe that takes me twenty minutes to lace up correctly - or shoes that I have to have somebody lace up for me. It's like when you were a kid and you needed you dad to tie your skates. So these are nostalgia footwear. Follow this link to see how to make them yourself, ya crafty bastards.

http://earthandliving.blogspot.com/2008/08/viking-shoes-tutorial-sort-of.html

12 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

And even if they leaked and your feet got wet, dammit, you're a viking! Be a man, you whiny Norse bastard!

Kal said...

I think that is the reason behind their legendary crankiness - they all got soakers.

Pat Tillett said...

I wish I had a pair of these on right now!

Kal said...

Well you look like a mighty viking anyways, Pat, so you would be able to pull off that look.

DrGoat said...

Great to wear when you are contemplating your fate on the Tree of Woe.

D.I. Felipe González said...

I wouldn't mock you if you wear the full vikingo costume. Only the shoes is not enough and is disrespectful to the barbarians.

csmith2884 said...

I would so wear those.

Kal said...

"The Tree of Woe" is just about one of the greatest things I have ever heard and will add it to my word list like "The Well Of My Bitterness" which conveniently are found together.

Anonymous said...

And such a nice place to hang after a hard day at The Wheel Of Pain...

Kal said...

Droll Wilma, very droll.

Megan said...

My mom has to tie my dad's shoes for him when he wants to go walkies. I like to think of it as a labor of love. I also like to think that if he tried these on her, she'd revolt big time.

Kal said...

I understand you so much more after hearing that, Megan.