Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Superman Classic

This is beautiful and all I really need in my life. There is nothing better than old school Superman working as a reporter and fighting giant robots in the big city. I so hope that Zak Snyder's reboot of the Superman franchise just goes back to the beginning. You don't need to fix what isn't broken. Evil scientists, giant machines, Clark and Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Ma and Pa Kent. It's all there before you.

I would love to see the creator of this (Rob Pratt who is a Disney animator) get the backing to make several seasons worth of his style of cartoons. Thanks to SamuraiFrog and his Daily Animation site for finding this gem so I can share it with you. This just hits me where my geek heart lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the nods to "Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow", a film that itself was inspired by classic sci-fi films and serials of the thirties and forties.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I love 'Sky Captain'. I was at 'Finding Nemo' with a friend and when we saw the trailer for 'Sky Captain' she turned to me and said, "That is what it's like in your brain all the time, isn't it?" She was totally correct.