Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Who Would Have Thunk It?


What a messed up day today is. The evil that is Beiber makes sense. Thanks to Tumblr as the source. You can always find equally bizarre stuff like this. It's not just the images anymore. I like the point the author makes.

Justin Bieber Says Americas Health-Care is ‘Evil’

I never thought I’d be congratulating a manufactured teen pop prince on his social conscience but it just goes to show that life, my dears, is strange.

Asked by Rolling Stone magazine (here) if he wanted to become an American citizen, Bieber made clear his love for Canada and its health care system.

“You guys are evil,” he told the magazine, out on February 18th. “Canada’s the best country in the world. We go to the doctor and we don’t need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you’re broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard’s baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby’s premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home.”

YES .. out of the mouths of babes and sucklings comes a clarity that seems beyond Americas politicians and much of its population. Clearly to anyone with a functioning brain cell Americas bloated ‘for-profit’ health-care service is broken, unfair and unfit for purpose but greedy vested interests, spending millions of dollars to preserve their obscene profits, ensured that Obama wasn’t allowed to fix it.

When this is blindingly obvious even to a 16-year old pop person with a toothy grin and silly hair, then you have to wonder why the people who suffer daily under this bizarre system allow it to continue. The power of brainwashing and propaganda I suppose .. and a corrupt political system of course .. that helps.

Its actually quite brave (or foolish) of Mr Bieber to be honest about the mess of American health-care because large numbers of Americas right-wing headbangers and their frothing-at-the-mouth political mouthpieces are always waiting for the slightest hint of criticism of their ‘perfect country’ to get vicious and try to ruin someones career. Good luck with them, Justin.

I doubt I’ll actually go as far as to listen to him sing or watch him perform. I mean, there are limits .. but three cheers for saying something honest, intelligent and genuinely risky for someone who performs in America. Well done Mr Bieber ..:)

Ellie

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The kid's right. And good for him for saying so!

Nomad said...

holy shit.
His music may suck but the boy's got balls!

Unknown said...

I would have to agree with his statement

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

The Biebs is RIGHT...

Belle said...

Wow, good for Justin. It is always about money for the already rich in the United States.

Pat Tillett said...

I'm thinking he might have been coached to say it...
He is right, but I still hate the little mop head!

Kal said...

I think you know of my dislike for him also. I have more reason than most.

Lazarus Lupin said...

propaganda is a two edged sword. Many of the tea party persuasion would say .."You canucks are brainwashed into having your hands put out and taking what ever is shat into them."

Not saying that's right.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Kal said...

That just shows that the teabaggers have drunk the corporate koolaid and been brainwashed into expecting less from life. I would rather eat shit that frees me from having to worry about health care. I also don't see my country bankrupted by actions that only enrich a few. We get it, Europe gets it, why don't you get it. Just because it's the way you do things don't make them right either. You are the ones that get shit on by Big Pharma and Corporate Health Care and the Military Industrial Complex. But I guess you are 'free'. How's that working for you?

Pat Tillett said...

No "system" is ever perfect, but every Canadian and Euro that I've spoken to about the subject, like their system and can't understand why we dont' have the same!
I don't understand it either!

Lazarus Lupin said...

Let me make it clear. I was pointing out that saying "you are under the control of propaganda," isn't going to win an argument. I myself am slowly dying and working my way through clinical trials and testing like a god damn lab rat.

But chins up right? I just think that you Kal are way too smart for any line.. corporate, tea party, etc etc. And you do show that time and again.

So good job overall!

Lazarus Lupin

Kal said...

I apologize if I came off as too agressive but I can be a pretty strong advocate for the system I am lucky to live under. I hope what you are going through brings you some relief and hope. I appreciate your contribution to this site. These kind of posts always spark heated discussion. I try to balance those with some fun and I hope I am successful.

Lazarus Lupin said...

De Nada
and I wouldn't respond unless your posts were so great.
I will say that the current fix that republicans want to kill was doomed to failure the second they decided not to go for a single payer system to "everyone must buy insurance." There was no way that was going to pass constitutional mustard. So now we have an imploded ruin no matter how you look at it.