Sunday, February 6, 2011

Why Does SNL Suck So Badly?? (My Chance To Use Expressive Punctuation)


Dana Carvey as host of SNL? Here's an situation where the idea is much funnier than the execution. Just like most of Carvey's work. He rarely made me laugh.

A 'Wayne's World' sketch to start the show? OMG this one has all the makings of the most pathetic episode ever. The same lame jokes that were barely entertaining ten years ago. Sad. Mike Myers hasn't made me laugh in a decade either.

Why do I watch this crap every Sunday? It's penance for all my sins I suppose. Unlike church there is always a CHANCE there will be a laugh or two.

OMG, he is singing. And NO ONE IS LAUGHING. I don't think I can do this. Ten minutes in and I want to take my own life.

Church Lady with Justin Beiber? That punk was on the 'Daily Show' last week. WTF world of entertainment?!?! Is this how you try to make yourself hip to the kids. Here's the truth about Beiber - WE ALL HATE HIM.

Unless you are between the ages of 10 and 13 and you are a girl, Beiber is despised. Everyday those 'fans' of his are growing up and to show him to them all the time will only become an embarrassing memory. I feel the same shame when I see Debbie Gibson and Tiffany in some lame SYFY monster movie even when they are fighting at a wedding and they get themselves covered in frosting. It's not erotic, it's just sad.

OMG - ENOUGH!!!! - Kristen Whig in a bad wig singing disco weather? FUCK OFF SNL!!!

Do they test this comedy on somebody with a functioning sense of humor? I don't think so. Now instead of being happy, I am annoyed and homicidal. I think I will just go wait for the paperboy with a shovel.

GAH!!!

4 comments:

Marnie said...

I don't normally watch SNL, but I used to watch it all the time. It has lost it's spark. However last year with Betty White was a good one. When I learned she was going to be on, I taped it.

Kal said...

I don't know why I keep punishing myself. That Betty White episode was the best one in years.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I knew they rehash all those old bits when I saw Carvey was hosting. Yuck. He stinks and the show stinks. NBC ought to cancel it and let something new grow in that time slot.

Nick Ward said...

Kal, I couldn't agree more. We get SNL here on the "comedy" channel in NZ. I've watched it a few times with utter confusion. They take one tiny lame gag and turn it into a half-hour sketch. Just when you think the joke has been utterly murdered they drag it back out into street and make it dance some more on a hot plate. The impressions always start with someone saying "Hello I'm President Obama" or "Look everyone it's Mr T" because the performances are so terrible no one could possibly guess who they are without a prompt. In summary I've seen better jokes in christmas crackers. Whew that felt good.