Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Have I Become THAT Cynical



THESE GOOFS DISABLED THEIR VIDEO. FOLLOW THE LINK HERE TO SEE WHAT THEY DIDN'T WANT YOU TO SEE.

This video just comes across to me as another skeevy attempt for guys to get laid. Sure we men will do and say just about anything to get a woman to sleep with us but this tactic seems particularly insincere and patronizing. All the pretty music and fancy words can't make up for the snickering just under the surface that this video REEKS of.

I don't know I would respect a woman who fel for this pitch despite agreeing with pretty much the whole message contained within.

Men are pigs and assholes but that is the way that nature made us. Circumstances of history have much to do with how women have been mistreated throughout history but also how they have been revered.

Cultures that have advanced have more liberal ideas about female empowerment and value. We can see how less evolved cultures and religions attempt to hold onto power by supressing the power of the females they share their lives with. You extreme Christians and Muslims know of what I speak.

So please, ladies, be skeptical of someone telling you what you want to hear. Actions always speak louder than words. We love you but remember - just because we don't say it openly, we guys all pretty much want to screw your brain out while you wear the Batgirl outfit WITH utility belt.

Or is that just me

10 comments:

Nomad said...

?What was the video of?

csmith2884 said...

No video to bad..but when you find the right woman and share the power equally, they want to wear the batgirl outfit and screw your brains out.

I'm off to find my Batbelt for after kiddies go to bed.

Sarah said...

No video for me either...but...

It took me many years to finally accept that yes, all my guy friends were really just friends with me to get in my pants.

When you're a girl, you just don't want to think that about the guys you stuck in friend zone. You want to believe they're friends with you because you're awesomely cool and fun to hang with, not because of what you have between your legs.

Now that I'm older and no wiser and intellectually accept this fact, naive parts of me can't help but to hope that as the years went on and the friendship continued, that at least the proportion of friend vs want-to-get-in-pants weighs more heavily on the friend side.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Testify, brother, testify!

Wandering Coyote said...

Video unavailable to me, too.

Kal said...

Those goofs just disabled their video. Must be all the posts like mine. Check out the video by following the link here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_uRIMUBnvw

Kal said...

You are right Sarah. At some point in the friendship it is more important to keep the friendship than to risk ruining it by crossing that line. That is why I always got along so well with the married female teachers. You just don't think about it.

Guys have asked me how I can resist those teenage girls but it really is different and yucky to think of when you are responsible for them. Like a father if you ask him the same question.

If you don't know someone it's easier to objectify them.

Nomad said...

WTF? Skeevy is right?

Paradox Al said...

I don't get it though, what was the point of the video? I couldn't stand it, I only managed to watch a quarter of the video before I had to stop. It seriously made me want to barf.

Kal said...

It's just another way for guys to try and get laid by being massively patronizing and insincere.