Friday, August 5, 2011

Idiot Parenting Move Of The Week


What kind of urine drinking, freak is this guy Grylls? I can respect and appreciate the lengths he goes through for his TV show. He really submits to some nasty things just to fake survive in a wilderness where the camera crew and their coffee pot is just feet away from him at all times. That's a tough life.

What I cannot abide, however, is the unbelievably stupid names that he gave to two of his sons. They are Marmaduke, 5, and Huckleberry, 4. YES, MARMADUKE and HUCKLEBERRY!!!

Get a grip here survival boy. I think you pretty much have guaranteed your children's future isolated existence because of the names you gave them. I think the school bullies who come after these two should first stop at your work and beat the crap out of you for making them targets in the first place.

I can forgive pretentious names like 'Apple' and 'Pizza Log' but for some reason these examples feel more like child abuse.

10 comments:

Budd said...

to paraphrase the good Dr. Jones, "Marmaduke was the name of the dog."

Huckleberry isn't so bad.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

"What shall we name our children so that they get the crap beat out of them every day?"
Parents just don't think sometimes.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What do you expect from someone named "Bear Grylls"? When those kids turn 18, they can legally change their names to Robert or William. I bet they will too.

DrGoat said...

Well, he needs to practice 'I'm you're Huckleberry', like Doc Holiday.....or get good at doing Huckleberry Hound.

Kal said...

Huckleberry HOUND was a dog too - just not a particulary smart dog. He tended to work many public service jobs.

Belle said...

They will be saved by the nicknames, Duke and Huck. Hopefully.

Tempo said...

I agree with every word Kal, He's a dick!

Paladin said...

Definitely not a fan of Mr. Grylls. Weird kid naming aside, his "survival" techniques are often so reckless that you'd be crazy to follow his advice in a real life situation.

Les Stroud is a far better choice for someone to emulate in survival matters.

Sarah said...

I wanted to saddle my firstborn child with my maiden name as a middle name, but after seeing this I don't want Kal's wrath to fall upon me so I will referain!

Kal said...

I like some strange names for kids too (Logan and Wynter for girls) so I am not one to talk but MARMADUKE and HUCKLEBERRY is over the line. What name do you want to use. Interesting middle names are a must. Mine is JOHN. grrrrrrr. Why can't it be something like Maxmillion.