Thursday, August 11, 2011

Super 8


"What are you doing here?"

"Doing the best that I can do to save you."



What a terrific picture. Chalk it up to the genius of J.J. Abrams to make a Steven Spielberg movie after actually WATCHING a Steven Spielberg movie. This one was pure joy with an award winning performance by Elle Fanning (who is the real talent in that talented family of performers). That is not to diminish the fine work by the cast of young actors. This film is fresh and fun and scary in the way that alien invasion movies should be. Think of it as the flip side of E.T. with a kick ass late 70s soundtrack. Pretty much all you ever want from a movie and more. I will watch this one over and over again in the years to come. Movie magic.

10/10



5 comments:

csmith2884 said...

Can't wait ...cave approved what more could you want? BTW still working my way through Fringe because you told me to. It is great. I'm about half way done with season 3

Kal said...

Good, I want to have you explain to me what you think happen at the end of this season.

superharley said...

Finally got to watch this movie the other night. Nice to know someone enjoyed it just as much as I did. Fantastic movie.

D.I. Felipe González said...

I didn´t liked it much. I found disturbing the "too much Spielberg" in it. JJA is a great director, his movies have rythm. Elle Fanning was great! Too many cheap jokes for my taste but an amazing 70´s ambientation (haven´t seen in a long time so many Aurora models together). Also, the cinematographer exceeded the use of lens flares, lens flares are only cool in Blade Runner and the last Star Trek movie.

Pat Tillett said...

I REALLY want to see this flick. I hope to soon...
Thanks!