Friday, September 2, 2011

Fright Night (2011)




I just wrote a great witty review of the latest FRIGHT NIGHT remake that for some reason got chewed up by blogger. All this after two days of being unable to upload any images which, for me, is my version of Hell on Earth.

Aside from all that, I really enjoyed this one and it can stand proudly beside the 80s original. It's fresh and fun in a genre that seems devoid of any new ideas lately. That is a lot of baggage to overcome which it does magnificently. Collin Farrell is elegantly dangerous and there are some real nice character moments involving redemption and second chances. All the leads, especially Tennant and Farrell are terrific.

9/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this too. It nailed the camp-horror atmosphere I remember, right down to the sleepy suburban setting. The cast was fun to watch: Colin Farrell's Jerry had the perfect blend of sleazeball charm and creepy menace, and Anton Yelchin is becoming one of my favorite new actors.