Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Supergirl



Today is Supergirl's birthday!

According to DC’s famous 1976 calendar, today is the birthday of Supergirl and we are going to celebrate all day with some posts by people who love the character and great artwork. And here are two Supergirl portraits by one of my favorite Supergirl artist’s Steve Rude.








The first two pages of the new Supergirl. I like the sci fi look to the costume but hope she returns to her classic short skirt and belly shirt. The animated look from the Bruce Timm cartoon is my favorite.


3 comments:

Belle said...

The girl in the costume certainly looks like Supergirl. Love the artwork. I looked up when she was born and it was 1959. I was nine years old.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You were never nine years old Belle. You are timeless.

mad photog said...

52 years old & still looks like a teenager! Amazing. Must be the Kryptonian genes.
I hope she returns to the skirt as well.

Thanks!

Gus