Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mouse In The House


Just came THIS close to having a live mouse in the house which is one of my personal nightmares. I just react badly to any sound I hear like when mice run across the kitchen floor - well any sound except the SNAP of the trap.

Went to call Admiral Fluffy and he was doing the Tigger bounce all over the front yard. I should have figured out that he was up to something when he came BOUNDING up the front stairs with his chest puffed out in pride. Looking down I saw something fluffy and grey with a tale and closed the door just in time to keep him outside.

Good thing I did because to my HORROR he had not actually KILLED the mouse (as is his DUTY in the Great Circle of Life) but only stunned him. Then I watched from behind the protection of the screen door as the Admiral resumed chasing the luckiest mouse on the planet.

From his pitiful performance as a predator I am having my doubts about how he survived 21 days away from home like he did. His stories are not matching up with his actions.

7 comments:

Budd said...

just glad to know he is back home.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's pretty cool that he is back home where he belongs...the fluffy retard.

M. D. Jackson said...

Must be the season. My daughter's cat, Cosmic Creepers, caught one the other day and was playing around in the back yard with it like it was a football.

Ick!

Simon B said...

When I was a kid I lived in a 200-year old, drafty farmhouse and we had mice living in the walls. At night I could hear them scratching about behind the bricks. One morning I woke to find a dead mouse in my bed: I'd rolled over and squashed it in my sleep...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The Admiral was just trying to impress you!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

When the internet first became big we had only one high speed connection in the school until we got updraded. Until then we would hang out after school to surf for interesting web stuff the kids may enjoy. Some other teachers used to put together these interesting news storis from around the world. Really my first blog when I think about it. We would project what we found be they pictures, cartoons, neat pictures and early youtube videos. The favorite was about a mouse plague in Australia where millions of mice flowed like water through the barn. Piles of them burned throught he nights.

Nathan said...

I'm glad to know he's back! How did you find him again?

He probably lived on other cats' food while he was gone, rather than hunting.