Saturday, September 17, 2011

Redheaded Magpie


Fast sketch of a friend of mine.
People sometimes feel irritated by her nonstop blathering and her wild gesticulating hands which regularly knock over wine glasses or flower vases.

But I like her. She is special, different from others and never boring.
She begged me not to paint her freckles.
I didn't, but I like her freckles.
I always wanted to have some.


from Joe's Blog


This is Joe. She does great art with a funky twist that you will appreciate the more you get into her collection and her style.

Interesting people doing funky things in funky cloths are the kind of people I am happy to populate my world with. Check out her blog. European class and style. It doesn't hurt that she is beautiful and lives in my all time most favorite place in the world - Germany, near Bremen.

As an army brat we travelled and lived many places, including five years in Europe. Lahr was my Dad's posting. As a student we all went to Bremmen on a field trip to visit the statue of the musicians in the main square. The Musician of Bremen. They are based on a fairy tale by the Brother's Grimm. I need to talk to Joe and do a larger post about that important story. I know she HAS TO have been raised with it.

Well now that I know she visits here too. Yaaaaa.



6 comments:

Wusel's... said...

I am speechless.

Thank you SO much. :-)))

I love the Musicians Of Bremen.
There are many versions of this funny tale and last time I read a short beautifully illustrated version of it was a week ago, I believe.

There's a bronze sculpture of the musicians next to the townhall and when you touch the foot of the donkey and make a wish it'll come true :-).
I watched some Japanese doing this some weeks ago. I'm sure they came all the way here from Asia to do this.

And today I called my mom, who is in Spain now, and one of the topics we were talking about was: my new freckles.
I got some. I don't know why and when but they came suddenly overnight and I noticed it today in the morning.
On my nose and under the eyes.
What a coincidence that you've chosen this painting.

Thank you so much for this post.
:-)))))))
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Debra She Who Seeks said...

When we were growing up, my sister and I loved the story of the animal musicians of Bremen. It was one of our faves.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

AND STILL WE HAVE NEVER MET. zoot alors!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's becase everyone is ashamed of me. wish the buddy I DIND WIT AT TH EASTGH 4OS WOULD CONTACT ME.I would love to gdet drugged by some fans and left to die in the boot of a car. The wouls only equipt mew with s snack and back of frozen apples.

Agm who chares. This buffootn and got to move on. On his dyinbg stone, place thesew erkds - 'Meh'.

Belle said...

Joe Has a beautiful blog. I used to read the first photo's version of the story to my kids.

Nathan said...

I've never been to Bremen (or anywhere outside the United States except Canada for a few days some years ago), but I've always liked the story. You inspired me to write my own post on it.