Thursday, September 15, 2011

Some People Just Make Me Laugh


When I saw a torrent for the show 'Whitney' I was so hoping it was a new reality program staring crack head and train wreck Whitney Houston. Instead I got the new sitcom from comedienne Whitney Cummings, a regular on the 'Chelsea Handler Show'.

I like her comedy style and she is pretty adorable on that show. This new program tries to capture her spunk while finding humor out of how she interacts with the people in her life, most notably her live in guy. It's just like Whitney's stand up comedy act. Who would have thunk it?

I laughed. The faces she makes that let you know that her mind is thinking up some mischief is an great example of the terrific comic timing that Whitney has.

The show proclaims that it's filmed in front of a live studio audience but to these ears those laughs sound canned.



No comments: