Thursday, September 1, 2011

SUPERMAN - On Set

This uniform really gives that perfect 'alien' vibe which is exactly what you want for a character who, essentially, is an alien. The costume also fills Henry Cavill out a bit more, he has the heroic proportions to do the job. The hair is something else that I think they got right.

However, one cannot judge the Superman without first seeing how he plays Clarke. He can play moody Clarke or he can be Christopher Reeves Clarke (the bumbling fool). I like that Clarke, the one who is always elegantly in the way.

But I am happy to wait and see how this one goes. It's fun to get these little spoilers from time to time because on this occasion it's for a movie I am really looking forward to see.





Thanks to MD

8 comments:

Simon B said...

Is his cape at the dry-cleaners?

Kal said...

Well I don't wear my tuxedo with top hat everyday either. Can't Superman have some comfy relax pjs?

M. D. Jackson said...

I think these are rehearsal shots without the cape. I've seen some others from the same set where he's wearing the cape but his back is turned.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Maybe its because I'm getting older, but when I see this suit I can help but think "toy". Its just that I have no idea what that black piping around his waist and legs is supposed to be, and my mind immediately leaps to some sort of clip on armor piece from some sort of action figure.

I don't mind that absence of red underoos and as I said in my thoughts on this blog about the new Spider-Man costume and Wonder Woman's TV suit, I understand how licensing influences these kind of things and how there is an effort to distinguish the suit from Supe's last theatrical outing, but I just don't get what that lining is there to do.

Still, I suppose it could be worse. Remember the costume test for Tim Burton's "Superman Lives"?
*shudder*

http://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/media/library/images/movies/superman-lives-suit-5.jpg

At least we have a big classic S-Shield.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what's with the stillsuit piping. Could be they'll CGI the cape in later...

xenides said...

He looks like has the Alien trying to exit via his crotch.

Kal said...

and that is a bad thing because...

Kal said...

and that is a bad thing because...