Saturday, September 10, 2011

Torchwood - Miracle Day Finale


I was very impressed with the final episode of 'Torchwood - Miracle Day'. I felt the thrill that you get when a show wraps up every mystery but at the same time charges into the future. They could have told the same story in half the episodes, sure, but I enjoyed the ride.

The characters acted like I hoped and expected they would (especially Gwen who Oswald correctly calls - 'magnificent').

I am satisfied with the way things ended.


Lauren Ambrose will be wicked as 'Torchwood's' main villain in the next stage if they wisely take the show in that direction.


I physically let out a scream in the 30 seconds and any show that can do that to me, gets my respect and admiration. I have a real soft spot in my heart for 'Torchwood'. I got into that show long before I got to the new adventures of The Doctor. If 'Torchwood' had let me down I might never have know the joy that comes from being a fan of 'Doctor Who'.

7 comments:

Stuart Lloyd said...

You lucky boy. We in the UK have to wait until Thursday to see the finale.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I hope I didn't spoil it for you. This is why you need to get into bit torrent. I could never wait a week.

Anonymous said...

Right after this episode, I watched the last few minutes of "Parting of the Ways." It was interesting that the dialog among Rose, the Doctor, and the Emperor were pretty much the theme of Miracle Day.

Stuart Lloyd said...

You did not spoil at all, it's good to know that there's potential for a new series.

DivaT said...

I totally agree. If it wasn't for Torchwood, I wouldn't know the joy of Doctor Who. I will follow Torchwood where ever it leads me.

I loved the how Jack and Gwen reacted to Rex at the end. It was classic. I just really, really hope they do another season. It really is one of the best written shows ever made.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Me too. Some shows should be ratings proof. For every 'Jersey Shore' there needs to be a 'Torchwood' to balance out the universe.

Chase March said...

Just saw the finale and I must admit that it was a great series. So looking forward to the next one.