Thursday, October 6, 2011

Brandon Hantz Is Pure Batshit Crazy


At the beginning I loved that the producers from 'Survivor' unleashed Brandon, the unstable nephew of the most unstable person to ever play this game, Russell Hantz. I thought Russell was off his nut but this kid is spooky.

This goes beyond casting someone because they are quirky. Coach is quirky - this kid is a retard and is being exploited because of the turmoil he brings to one tribe. It's creepy. Why do I keep seeing Colonel Kurtz from 'Heart of Darkness' in my mind?

I half expect each episode to find that he has killed and skinned his entire tribe, the camera crew, and a whole mess of squirrels and has started making hats and slippers out of the remains.


Brandon is sexually attracted to Mikayla but can't deal with that so instead he attacks her at every opportunity, in front of everyone, then apologizes and thinks that makes it all okay. Then he repeats the process for maximum mental damage.

Did I mention that everything he does or says is cloaked in his own twisted version of Christianity? Yeh - next level mental. FUCK YOU PSYCHO!

Phillip from the last cycle of the show was a fun kind of crazy. Harmless. This spazz makes me feel uneasy each time I see him. His Ju Ju is off color. I know no one can control when he goes off his nut so all the castmates can do is try not to be next to him when he does.

Brandon has got to go. It's not fun to watch anymore.

BTW - That bag/box game was the greatest challenge ever devised. Christine had the hand/eye co-ordination of a test pilot. Very fun to watch. I would buy that as a home game. Remember the one we had as kids where you threw bean bags at the tic tac toe board?

Glad to see that after all this time the creators resist the urge to just 'phone it in'.

3 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

I'm not watching anymore, because I'm just in principle opposed to this nonsense of bringing contestants from previous seasons back, unless it's a specifically "All star" edition. I'm irritated that "The Amazing Race" has done this now as well.

M. D. Jackson said...

One day they will have a killer on the show, or a show like this. He will begin killing contestants, maybe making it look like an "accident".

Then there will be a great hew and cry in the public theater about how wrong-headed reality TV is, have we gone too far in our salaciousness -- intellectual talking heads wagging fingers at the great unwashed saying "we told you so all along"

And I will sit back and giggle maniacally because I saw it comin'...

Kal said...

Boy I hope I am still watching when that happens. I do loves me a nice Thunderdome.