Friday, October 7, 2011

Cave Of Cool Collections


There are so many cool sites out there that highlight the hobby of toy collecting. As you can see from these pictures, I too have a love for the action figure. Nothing smells better to me than a toy fresh out of the packaging. I don't open many of them anymore because I like the figure on display with the package art work.

I would like to open up some figures and do a full review of what I like about them but because destroying the packaging would give me stress. But I CAN open up the bigger toys and vehicles like the THUNDERTANK from 'Thundercats' and show you what they look like inside.

I will be seeking out tips about how best to photograph these sets while I set up a little studio in the basement. I have to take a picture of everything for the insurance people so why not do it up right?

I would like to highlight the collections of many of my regular followers so you can get in contact with me if you would like to do a guest post.




3 comments:

Drake said...

wow.

Cora said...

Oh my God. Is that your house?!?! I just drooled. It's fantastic!!!!

I have a pretty massive Harry Potter collection. Or I guess I should say "had". I got rid of about half of it when I moved. I had to make some touch choices because it wouldn't all fit in the moving van. :-(

I got rid of all my Mattel HP action figures still in their packages but I kept all the NECA ones because they are more detailed and a hell of a lot cooler. To save space though, I had to take them all out of their packages. I also got rid of about 2/3 my HP Lego sets, but I kept all of the cardboard cutouts and vinyl movie theater posters. And I absolutely kept my life sized Dobby statue!

It about KILLED me to get rid of a lot of that stuff, but I knew there was no way I could justify bringing more than one moving van full of Harry Potter stuff 2000 miles across the country. Sometimes I miss it all though.

Right now most of my collection is in a storage unit. Yeah, it fit in the van (ONLY JUST!) but there just isn't room for everything in our new condo. So, I go to the storage unit every now and then just to say hi to my collection of HP stuff that didn't make the must-keep-in-the-house cut. However, I can't complain: Dobby is on display right by the TV; I have an actual Hogwarts letter prop used in the first HP movie up on the wall along with my Marauder's Map; my wand collection is on display in the living room; and I have my huge red display case shaped like a British phone booth FULL of as much HP things as it can hold, including the NECA figures which are set up in a big ol' dueling scene.

Good thing Scope thinks my collection is cool or else I would have had to give him a lobotomy before I unpacked it all, huh?

;-)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

This is collection number 2. When we came back from Europe when I was 12, all the boxes from my room were 'lost'. I lost everything but two figures.

I would miss my stuff if it wasn't all around me. Think of how much fun it will be to open up the boxes one day. Rediscover all the cool stuff you have.