Saturday, January 7, 2012

COOLER THAN COOL


I just finished watching the newest episode in the Clone Wars TV show. What a magnificent 22 minutes that was. I don't talk much about my love for Star Wars because that is something I keep nearest my heart but I have yet to see a better example of what makes the whole Star Wars Universe so great. Animation, voice acting and story all work together to tell a seamless, rollicking adventure.

The densely packed tale involved the search for Obi Wan Kenobi and the enslaved people of Ahsoka by Anakin Skywalker, Master Plo Koon, The Wolf Pack, Warthog, the Republic Fleet and the clone troopers (with their ROCKET PACKS!!). The search and rescue mission combined with the destruction of the slave mining installation is thrilling to watch unfold - a textbook military operation.

There is bravery, loyalty, deceit, cruelty, friendship, combat, revenge and R2D2 using his little rocket engines to zoom around the city. SO SWEET! I am still ramped up by it all. I can only imagine if I was ten and jacked up on Sugar Smacks while watching this on the PVR. I think my heart would have exploded from all the times I jumped off the couch to cheer a great moment.

5 comments:

spiderkev said...

I love this show.Cal,and as It moves along you see the darkness beginning to emerge in Anakin.I think the show easily is better than any of the prequels,except maybe Revenge of the Sith.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

The 'slaver/slave' story arc is brilliant. I get it now. I see why he took the power that was his birthright and allowed it to become twisted and perverted. It's his desire to become greater, to do more good that was his weakness. Now why couldn't Lucas just have told me that in the first place. Finally the story of Anakin Skywalker breaks your heart. Like it should.

D.I. Felipe González said...

Clone Wars lost me before the end of season 1. Han shot first.

Will said...

Spoiler Alert: The whiny guy, kills all the kids back at the Jedi Temple

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Those kids were germy and just made a mess of the Temple. Okay, even I can't make up a good excuse for his actions.