Friday, January 6, 2012

Earthflight Trailer



I am currently watching the first episode in this six part series. The footage of birds in flight is pretty spectacular. I can only imagine how amazing this would look on a wide-screen HD TV.

As a kid I was terrified of birds that got in the house or were running around the farm with their heads freshly cut off. I admit I got the willies a few times because of the intimacy of the photography. The show take you right inside the swarm and it's a panic in there.

No wonder birds act the way they do. If I was a Snow Goose and I was travelling in that crowd with those other Snow Geese - it would drive me off my nut. You have to have one hell of an urge to mate to undertake a 3000 mile trip from Mexico to the Arctic.

I found this one to be a hypnotic experience. Do yourself a favor and also turn up the volume. The sound thunders with life. I laughed, I cried, I learned. I am in for the entire series.

1 comment:

Simon B said...

I watched the second episode last night and, as you say, it was amazing stuff. Wait till you see it, Cal - the footage of thousands of flamingos on a lake is incredible! And, yes, HD is the way to go...