Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Vote A Big Fat YES!


As you all know, one of the things that I could watch all day long is sheep shearing. There should be a 24 hr sheep shearing channel. If this does become part of the Olympics, I will be there for every moment of that event.

The Federated Farmers of New Zealand are calling for sheep shearing to become an Olympic sport, pointing to the 'shear hard work' required. Shearing is recognised as a sport by the New Zealand funding body SPARC.

There is already a global competition in place - the upcoming World Shearing Championships will be held in the New Zealand town of Masterton in March. Countries besides Australia and New Zealand that have taken part in the competition include Britain and Ireland, Norway and South Africa among others.


http://presurfer.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Tempo said...

I have a mate with a farm...last year he sheared 2300 sheep on his own. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you turned up to help...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Help? I am strictly hands off. Too much pressure. I would fear hearing the screaming of the lambs. Why do they always scream.

M. D. Jackson said...

'sheer hard work' you mean! (Get it? Sheer... shear? Get...)


...oh, never mind.

DrGoat said...

Too much sugar M.D.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh that is a mean wit you got there MD.