Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things I No Longer Want To See In 2012

Self Shots Made With A Room Mirror And A Camera Phone

I would love someone to come up with the technology that would allow girls to take mirror pictures of themselves WITHOUT showing the camera. It's one of the those pet peeves of mine.

I especially hate it because when the pictures are taken, most girls are looking at the camera and not the mirror. Set up the shot, turn your head and click the button. How hard can that be? You gals would be amazed at how much better your picture looks when YOU and not your I-Phone or digital camera is the center of attention.


People Who Can Do Freaking Tricks With Their Bodies

I actually know a person who can flex her fingers like this. Since broken fingers or cut off fingers is the kind of damage to a person that MOST freaks me out in real life or the movies, she only does this to make me squirm uncomfortable.

I once ducked taped mittens to her hands during a tickle fight because she was teasing me with her demon gang signs. Then instead of trying to remove the mittens she gave me a solid mitten powered beating. Damn I loved that girl.

11 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Confound this contraption! I hit the "Flash" button, and it made my pants disappear!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I saw a Clown get arrested for doing the exact same trick in my elementary classroom.

Professor Chaos said...

Anyone who can move her fingers like that is not human. You were wise to tape mittens over her space-talons.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ooooo, that's just freaky. I'm sure she's a lovely person otherwise, though.

Belle said...

I've taken pictures of myself in the mirror and can keep the camera out of sight. It is easy. I wanted to see how old I looked in real life. I looked younger when the lights were low and I was far away from the mirror.

She sounds like a fun girl alright.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

don't cameras have timers... a tripod, a book...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thank you RZ - All I ask if that you take a little time to set up your shot - then be as beaufiful as you life.

Kelly Sedinger said...

A self-timer is a standard thing now, I think it's almost impossible to buy a camera that doesn't have one! Even my cell-phone camera has a self-timer. And I can usually find a place to set the camera, and failing that, you can buy a little tripod for tabletop use for about ten bucks. I don't get the mirror thing.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's just another example of pretty girls using their lazy beauty to refuse to take a few extra steps in order to get everything right.

Unknown said...

Too bad. I kind of find the camera mirror shots charming. Mine always look weird but some girls really make it work. How about no more duck lips, 2012?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Duck lips are already banned. By good taste and the Universe. You are right, a good camera/mirror shot is a rare things but the percentage is 10% good and 90% generic. I so hate generic.