Monday, January 9, 2012

This Looks To Be ALL Kinds Of Fun


Coal House

This living history series transports three families back to the south of Wales's coalfield of the 1920s. The families swap their modern luxuries for the harsh reality of daily life of a coal mining family, living in coalminers' cottages without heating, running water, washing machines, TV and computers, and of course, for the men, there are long days down the mines.


WTF? Now peoples are going into ancient coal mines to show me how crappy that lifestyle was? I kinda got that message from grade 7 Social Studies. Little kids sitting with a candle in a hole in the wall so slightly larger children could pull rocks out of the ground with their fingers? Better that than getting sucked into a mechanical loom. The dark side of the Industrial Revolution need not be played for entertainment. Of course now I MUST watch. And again I ask, WTF?

2 comments:

DrGoat said...

WTF indeed. I saw an ad for yet another reality show called Shipping Wars. Yet another semi-scripted bullshit show about idiots. What's next? Recumbent DNA Research Scientists Wife Swap? Too exciting maybe? How about Nursing Home Orderly Wars. Sounds good to me. OK, I'm done with my Tues. Morning rant.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

HA HA..that was great. 'Spongebath Wars' - see how many old people you can scrub down in ten minutes. Now that's good TV.