Sunday, May 6, 2012

Robotropolis



I like the idea of a privately owned island in the middle of the South China Sea. What an idyllic place to live and work while an army of robots serves and protects you. Why does that sound like a good idea right before the inevitable happens as the first ever film crew is allowed into film this brave new future world?  Surprisingly, it doesn't take long for all the robots to go off their collective nuts.

That is what you get when you mess around with job stealing robots.

I therefor had no sympathy for the characters in this film and actively rooted for the robots to remove each and every human spine that they could get their hands on. It's the only way you people will ever learn - learn not to make robots and learn not to act badly in movies.

Why even bother with employing robots for menial tasks when labor costs are already so low in Asia? This doesn't seem like a very smart business model. Why have human workers at all? Turn everything into a resort island with the robots at everyone's beck and call.

I also wondered why servant robots would need all the deadly attachments these machines seem to have? Does my robot butler really need TWO arms with pointed ends to serve me my drinks? What happened to the Three Laws of Robotics? I thought that was in place to protect me from all this evil robot bullshit?



Two words - tank top

Two more words - SHUTDOWN COMMAND??

I had this on in the background when I did other things. I only looked up to watch the eventual chaos and to think of all the ways I could have pulled a better movie out of my ass.

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

The only positive I can think of about this trailer is that I saw Lani Tupu from "Farscape" in it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

And I never miss a good Lani Tupu movie.

Bersercules said...

I say let the robots do all the work and have all the people free to have fun and make art!